VERMONT HAND CRAFTERS, INC was incorporated in 1955 and is the oldest and largest juried craft organization in the state. This not-for-profit organization of Vermont residents is dedicated to the education and promotion and sale of high quality Vermont crafts. The current membership represents a broad spectrum of artists and craftspeople. Many of our members are full or part-time professionals while others enjoy their craft as a creative outlet.
- THE BIG E: Vermont Hand Crafters participates at the Big E Exposition in West Springfield, Massachusetts, the last two weeks of September. Our retail shop is located in the Vermont Building on the Avenue of States. All products are handcrafted and produced in Vermont by a Vermont Hand Crafter member.
- CRAFT VERMONT FINE CRAFT AND ART SHOW: Vermont Hand Crafters produces this premier three day, annual event the week before Thanksgiving at the Sheraton Conference Center, South Burlington, Vermont. This is the largest and oldest juried show of Vermont only artists and craftspeople in the state. Customers can shop many booths showcasing one-of-a-kind and limited-edition pieces in aromatherapy; baskets; botanicals; ceramics; decorative painting; digital art; fiber decorative; fiber wearable; fine art; furniture; glass; jewelry; leather; metal; mixed media; paper; photography; print-making; and wood. The quality and reputation of this event draws thousands of customers from across the state and greater New England. For many of our members, this is the only time they exhibit their work in Vermont.
- WEBSITE: Our website provides the consumer with year round access to our members by providing contact information, product pictures and links to members’ sites. Visitors may print out $1 discount coupons for admission to the Craft Vermont Show. During the weeks prior to the show, our customers can go to the website to see where their favorite exhibitors will be located.
- MARKETING & PROMOTION: Vermont Hand Crafters works to develop and coordinate marketing opportunities for its members. We provide public education and promotion about crafts and their value to the economy.
- COMMUNICATIONS: Member news is announced on the Vermont Hand Crafters Facebook and Twitter pages.